In accordance with Fort Drum Regulation 190-6, certain weapons possessed anywhere on the installation are required to be registered with the Directorate of Emergency Services. This includes recreationists that are hunting or target shooting in the Training Area or Cantonment Area. Registration is now required for the following: any cartridge-firing or muzzle-loading rifle, shotgun, or handgun (pistol or revolver); pellet-firing rifles or handguns with muzzle velocity of 1,000 FPS or higher; and crossbows.

To register a firearm, fill out Fort Drum Form 601-E Registration of Personal Firearm or Weapon. (If you are having trouble downloading the fillable version of Form 601-E, try this version that will have to be filled out by hand.) If you have a CAC or other millitary I.D., bring the form in person to the Directorate of Emergency Services (Bldg. P-10715). The MP Duty Desk is open 24 hours, 7 days a week.

If you do NOT have a CAC or other millitary I.D., e-mail (usarmy.drum.imcom.mbx.des-law-enforcement@mail.mil) the form to the MP Duty Desk at least 72 hours before you plan to hunt, target shoot, etc. The Weapon Registration can be picked up at the Access Control Point at the Gas Alley Gate off of Rte. 26.

One form can be used for up to four firearms. You can register as many firearms as you like--you will need to just fill out an additional Form 601-E. Anyone registering a firearm will receive a Weapons Registration Card that must be carried on your person while on the installation with the specified firearm.

Please see the Weapons Policy Fact Sheet (updated 17 Aug 2017) for more information. 

Please be aware of the new New York State laws regulating firearms that went into effect in 2013. See the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Act (NYSAFE) web site for more information.