DISABLED ACCESS FISHING OPPORTUNITIES
Disabled Access Fishing Opportunities in the Training Area
Disabled Access Fishing Opportunities in the Cantonment Area
There is one disabled fishing access opportunity at Remington Pond in Fort Drum's Cantonment Area. An accessible path and floating pier is on the east side of the pond near the playground and Cranberry Lake Pavilion.
Disabled Access Fishing Opportunities in the Region
See the NYSDEC web site for a list of fishing access sites listed by county for anglers with disabilities.
See this web site for images and descriptions of NYSDEC accessible boat launches throughout New York State.
Below are links to web sites and contacts for more information. The inclusion of these links should not be considered endorsements by Fort Drum, but are provided for information purposes only.
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation - Accessible Recreation
- NYS Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation - Accessibility
- NYS Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation - ADA Transition Plan (PDF June 2015)
- NYS Inclusive Recreation Resource Center (Cortland, NY)
- National Center on Accessibiilty (Bloomington, IN)
- Northern Regional Center for Independent Living (Watertown/Lowville/Lyons Falls, NY)
- US Access Board - ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Recreation Facilities
- US Access Board - Standards for Federal Outdoor Developed Areas