DISABLED ACCESS OUTDOOR OPPORTUNITIES
Disabled Access Camping Opportunities in the Region
See the NYS Camping Guide for accessible facilities which are noted in each region throughout the guide.
An entire campground that is fully accessible is International Paper John Dillon Park near Tupper Lake, NY--approximately 100 miles from Fort Drum.
Below are links to web sites and contacts for more information. The inclusion of these links should not be considered endorsements by Fort Drum, but are provided for information purposes only.
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation - Accessible Recreation
- NYS Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation - Accessibility
- NYS Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation - ADA Transition Plan (PDF June 2015)
- NYS Inclusive Recreation Resource Center (Cortland, NY)
- National Center on Accessibiilty (Bloomington, IN)
- Northern Regional Center for Independent Living (Watertown/Lowville/Lyons Falls, NY)
- US Access Board - ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Recreation Facilities
- US Access Board - Standards for Federal Outdoor Developed Areas